“Simpson Bros (Penzance) Ltd” may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
Definitions and Interpretation
- Data: collectively all information that you submit to Simpson Brothers (Penzance) Ltd via the website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
- Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
- Simpson Brothers (Penzance) Ltd, we or us: Simpson Brothers (Penzance) Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales whose registered office is at 36 Market Place, Penzance, Cornwall, TR18 2JW;
- UK and EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
- User or you: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Simpson Brothers (Penzance) Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Simpson Brothers (Penzance) Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services, and;
- Website: the website that you are currently using, https://www.simpsonsofcornwall.co.uk/, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entitles, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
b) Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
c) Demographic information such as post code;
d) Financial information such as credit/debit card numbers;
e) IP address (automatically collected);
f) Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
g) Operating system (automatically collected);
5. We collect the above information to contact you in relation to the enquiry you submitted and store this information on our secure, CMS for Internal Record Keeping. At any time you can request details of personal information which we hold on you and/or request to have the information removed from our servers. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please either email: [email protected] or write to:
Simpson Brothers (Penzance) Ltd
36 Market Place, Penzance, Cornwall, TR18 2JW;
Any personal information you provide to us via the forms on our websites will never be passed on, sold, or rented to anyone.
Our use of Data
6. Simpson Brothers (Penzance) Ltd is the “data controller”.
7. We will retain any Data you submit until you instruct us to delete.
8. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and/or other companies within our group.
9. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principals of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products/services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
Third party websites and services
11. Simpson Brothers (Penzance) Ltd may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment processing, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal data provided by users of this website.
12. We will not share your personal Data with any other organisations for marketing, market research, or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to third party websites.
Links to other websites
Controlling use of your Data
14. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict or use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for directing marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device, when you access our website are designed on behalf of Simpson Brothers (Penzance) Ltd, and are necessary to enable you to a make purchases on our website.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: -
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
- For Simpson Brothers (Penzance) Ltd to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable Simpson Brothers (Penzance) Ltd to analyse data about browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: -
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
1. Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”.
3. Click “Cookies”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
15. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
16. Sending information over the internet is, generally, not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data while it’s in transit. Any data you send is at your own risk.
Request Personal Data
If you would like to request all of personal data we currently store on you, please email us at: [email protected] .